The Passing of an Icon

Passing of an Icon

Tuesday, November 8, 2022

 Nancy Manning Facebook Post November 5th    (used with permission)

 Rest In Peace Uncle Paul! You were loved by all, a role model to many, and a legacy like no other. One of my best childhood memories is my sister and I ice sledding down the hill from the mailbox to the farmhouse. My parents always took us along for a “visit” to Uncle Paul and Hubert’s house. Loved the snacks that were given prior to us leaving. Summer sausage and cheese, butter & jelly bread, and a bowl of fruit. It was like a meal provided before we could leave and head home. Germans don’t miss a meal! Just sitting around the table with Uncle Paul telling stories always made me smile. 

I always thought it was cool that he was my Godfather, as he was to several others. Because of him being my godfather my parents always invited Uncle Paul and Hubert over for my birthday. That always meant a lot to me. Uncle Paul loved farming, loved the cows and maintained a solid work ethic his entire life. He was a devote Catholic that never missed first Friday mass, Sunday mass, or praying the rosary daily.

 I am so thankful for all the times spent with him growing up and extra thankful my youngest, Jackson took an interest in learning everything there is to know about Uncle Paul and his legacy of life. We have all been blessed by this wonderful man.

Me, Uncle Paul and Jackson. This was his 96th birthday party 🥳 It was a great day!


The Groner Family and spouses. Not sure the year. However this pic includes the 9 siblings and 7 spouses.  

Uncle Paul and Uncle Hubert never married or had children.


I believe this is from Uncle Paul’s 90th Birthday. He celebrated his 97th birthday on October 23, 2022.



The Groner Farmhouse and Paul’s dog  





No comments:

Post a Comment