The Passing of an Icon

Passing of an Icon

Sunday, November 20, 2022

Memories and Thoughts of JP Schwieterman

 Below are some memories and thoughts of JP Schwieterman (Sidney's son), along with some photos and context for the images.

I think these are some to the earliest photos of Uncle Paul, Uncle Hubert, mom (Sidney Reed) and me (JP Schwieterman) on the farm.  I think I was 3 years old….  Pictures help record the good times.  





Uncle Hubert had brought out the baby chicks and I was quite curious about these lil guys.  Hearing Uncle Huberts laugh was golden and made everyone’s day…. Especially mine.   




Uncle Paul always had me working on this or that and I loved it.  I’d follow him where ever he went…   He was my best friend. 

Here we are with his favorite pastime working with his horses.

  



One of my favorite times in life was the summer after High School graduation where I spent a few months with Uncle Paul and Uncle Hubert.  

Making Uncle Paul and Uncle Hubert laugh was a must.  Teasing Uncle Paul and and hearing Uncle Hubert wheeze-laugh was one of my favorite things to do…. Or if Uncle Paul was being “grummly” (Uncle Paul word) I’d tease him; Uncle Hubert would start wheeze-laughing and soon after Uncle Paul would lighten the mood with his laughter and his good natured deemer would return...  It all worked perfectly.  Yes, Those were definitely my favorite times. 



   
This was taken that High School summer of 1992 at Uncle Henry’s farm, if I remember correctly.  It was definitely a special occasion when Henry fired up the ol’ steam engines.  From left to right: Paul Groner, Hubert Groner, JP Schwieterman, Henry Groner




If Uncle Paul wasn’t with the horses, he was with the tractors…. …or…


 


… or with family.  

Uncle Hubert, Clare “Babe” Everdon, Uncle Paul 




Paul Fennewald and Uncle Paul




Benedict and Anna Groner would’ve been proud of their family.  I hope we measure up to them in some way….




I know we’ll see them again some day… 

…and it’ll be a good day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment